marketing changes over time
From dial-up to web design to online marketing, I’ve seen it all
When I started at Norlink as a high school student, I never envisioned that I would become the owner. Since then, I’ve been navigating the world of digital marketing, helping businesses just like yours attract new leads through their websites.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 25 years…
- When you heard your modem connecting to the Internet, I was helping clients troubleshoot connectivity issues so they could get online.
- If you built your first website using Microsoft FrontPage, I was right there with you, working with local small businesses to get their first websites online.
- If know how complicated making changes to your website used to be, I was the trusted experts keeping clients’ websites current and up to date.
Been There. Done That.
I’m Leanne Mitton and I know how hard marketing your business online is
A little content, a little website work, a little SEO and boom, you used to be able to see results online pretty fast. But today, not so much.
- Search engines want all the traffic for themselves.
- Competition is at an all time high.
- People are more distracted than ever.
- You’ve tried blogging already and it didn’t really work.
You’re not alone. Online marketing can be frustrating, especially when you’re flying by the seat of your pants.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t get the results you want from you website. Trust me, I’ve seen it all, and with the right strategy and consistent effort, your website can generate all the leads and clients you need.
A Content Pro In Your Pocket
Whether creating a new website or revamping an existing site, I can help
When a business owner needs a website or isn’t satisfied with their website, the first thing they do is spend a small fortune with a web designer. And sure, their website might look good, but months later when their website is still not producing results, they call me.
It’s bad for them, yet good for me. It’s also far more common than you might think. The problem comes from focusing on web design not the website copy and content.
Luckily, when we work together, you won’t have that problem.
Not only is our work centered around your business and website conversion goals, it also prioritizes words over design because while design may capture attention, it’s the words that drive conversions.
A Few Fun Facts
I spend all day online, so in my downtime, I go analog! When I’m not working, you can find me:
Get To Know Leanne
I’m a recovering web designer turned copywriter and content marketer
For years, I built websites for small businesses. And yeah, like many designers and developers, I told my clients they had to provide their website copy up front. After watching client after client struggle to finish their website copy and then not even feel great about the finished message, I knew something had to change.
That’s when I pivoted my business to focus on writing website copy for small businesses and supporting them with blogging and content marketing. My services now center around what goes in a website to make it work.
- I like digging into existing websites to audit the copy and content and identify opportunities for improvement.
- I enjoy doing audience research and learning what your future leads need to know and feel to take action.
- I love making sure the words on every page of a website capture attention and move people to action.
- And I have a lot of fun creating and implementing content marketing strategies and writing blog posts.
And boy do I wish I had made this shift a lot sooner! It never ceases to amaze me how much the right copy impacts conversions and how much more traffic a website gets when the owner invests in content marketing!
what I’ve learned in 25 years
Successful businesses invest in copywriting and content marketing
Should your website content be mapped out and written before you begin the design of your website? Yes. Can you improve existing content and rewrite your website copy without redesigning your website? Definitely.
Is it possible to see results and get leads without doing audience research and keyword research and just writing whatever you want whenever you want (because it’s your website)? Sure, maybe.
But if you’re more interested in skipping the research and strategy phase to save a few bucks, we’re likely not going to be a good fit to work together because it’s like choosing to run a race with your shoelaces tied together — it’s not going to work out so well for you or me!
It’s time to Treat Yo-Self
Take your website copy and content off your to-do list
Imagine what would change in your business if…
- The people who are already searching for the services you offer found you more often.
- More people who visit your website realize they have finally found what they’re looking for.
- Your website consistently produced new leads who are excited to get started.
It’s all possible with strategic website copy tailored to your ideal client and content that positions you as the perfect partner and your services as the perfect solution.Request A No-Obligation Discovery Call